The Stream is Flowing

Welcome to the reflections of Pastor Greg Ruble, lead pastor for Living Streams Community Church. These are posts of some random thoughts, prayers and experiences from my journey as our family serves God in this new church. If you live in the McCordsville/Mt.comfort area and don't have a church home, come worship with us. We'd love to see you in the Stream!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Time To Rest & Remember


Our family is on vacation this week and next. I love what I do and even the pace that I do it but I also know how that pace can wear out people around me. Resting isn't easy for me. I like to be busy with my time. My son Garrett and I recently had a conversation about taking a break from work. He had a challenging school year and was wanting to relax his mind over the summer. One things I want him to learn from me is to work hard on whatever it is he is doing, so I gave him a pretty good lecture on how life doesn't give you breaks and he couldn't just waste his summer on Facebk. Yesterday, Garrett brought the subject back up, along with Gen 2:2-3 about God resting from His work. We had a great discussion about Sabbath and resting unto the Lord. Garrett reminded me of the importance God places on resting and I was overjoyed at the way he was applying scripture to his life. That's the kind of strength I want to see growing in him as he grows into a man. So thanks to my son, I'm trying to rest unto the Lord during our vacation. I need to return refreshed both spiritually and physically.


I'm also taking this time to remember what the Lord has done over the past two years of my life. LSCC has some interesting times in front of us. We're going to need to have an abundance of faith to see how God will move our new church forward. That faith begins by remembering how He shed grace on us in the past. As the leader of this body, I want to have the most faith. I want to believe more than anybody that God is going to move a mountain for us. So I am remembering while I'm resting, lifting up my Ebenezers to remind me that my God loves me, has forgiven me, called me, heard me, answered me and everything is going to be all right. Thank you God for using Garrett to speak your truth to me, thank you Garrett for being bold enough to confront your pastor Dad with the bible, it is causing me to remember, just what I needed to do.

No comments: