The Stream is Flowing

Welcome to the reflections of Pastor Greg Ruble, lead pastor for Living Streams Community Church. These are posts of some random thoughts, prayers and experiences from my journey as our family serves God in this new church. If you live in the McCordsville/Mt.comfort area and don't have a church home, come worship with us. We'd love to see you in the Stream!

Monday, March 17, 2008

The Stream is Flowing


The word for the "Count Me In" lunch for Living Streams Community Church was....EXCITING. I know that's what I was as I looked out on thirteen families who have heard God's call to be part of this new work. We were almost all there as far as I know. Some are still praying, some are staying and going to help us through their gifts of giving and some are staying to press the kingdom at BRCC.


Last week was a Gideon-like journey. Beginning with my own faith being stretched, "Who me God?" Then wrestling with God about numbers and finally hearing our troops will be limited to just those from BRCC. (Go Brandywine! Lifeway CC needs you!) As I prayed, fasted and pursued God's strength, He answered and filled me with vision that this new thing is His idea and He is going before us and will use us. Just as He went before Gideon, He is already at work in a new community preparing them for our arrival. He has called out to a group of followers that are ready to do battle for Him. They are a good group, some younger, some older, some in the middle. We have sound equipment, a worship team and worshippers! We've assembled, offered our bodies as living sacrifices through communion and now we'll prepare.


The stream is flowing! It's Alive!! Together, we're following Jesus to reach the world for Him, one life at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Greg, I have to tell you the first mention of this church plant brought excitement to my heart. I feel that the Lord is up to something amazing and I will definitely be praying!